Frequently Asked Questions for Compliance:
Anyone that is unable to pay off his/her total fines and fees on the day of court.
How does this work?
- The judge will give the defendant a Compliance Order and they will report to the appropriate office.
What happens when I have more than one case?
- A payment plan must be set up on each case individually.
What happens if I am on court supervision?
- If the Court supervision is 6 months or less, payment in full will be due by the end of your court supervision. If the court supervision is longer than 6 months, a monthly payment plan will be set up.
When does the installment agreement start?
- Initial payment is encouraged and first payment is due within 30 days.
If you have a TR or DT case you go to Traffic Division. If you have an OV, CM, or CF case you go to Criminal Division.
If you live in the surrounding area you must come into the office to set up a payment plan. If you live out of state you may call the Compliance Office at 309-478-5699 to set up a payment plan.
Defendants that do not pay or report to the office will be turned over to collections and 30% will be added to the balance due.
When are cases referred to collections?
- If a defendant defaults on the payment agreement or does not set one up.
What do I do if my case has been sent to collections?
- Call B-D Lawyers Group at 309-674-0400.
Defendants have a payment due date. If no payment is made on or before that date, a notice is sent to them the next day. They only get a one time late notice. If payment is late a second time, no notice will be given and the case will be forwarded to collections.
Please call the Compliance Office at 309-478-5699